Hendrix scores OT winner in Lloyd, MOB wins 4-3

LLOYDMINSTER, SK (October 31, 2012) — The third time was the charm for the Fort McMurray Oil Barons (8-9-1) in Lloydminster this season.

Harry Hendrix (Calgary, AB) scored his team-leading ninth goal of the year in the overtime frame to give the Barons a much-needed win against the Lloydminster Bobcats (3-12-2).

Hendrix had opened the scoring in the first period, converting on a pass from Zach Wittenburg (Chestermere, AB) that he collected at the left-wing faceoff circle, firing a backdoor shot past goaltender Chase Martin for an early lead.

The goal game mere minutes after MOB forward Kevin Lacroix (St. Albert, AB) had fought Braden Crone of Lloydminster in an attempt to rile the team up after a sluggish start.

“Kevin, he had all this energy going into the game, and you could tell he was going to do something,” Hendrix said. “He dropped the gloves, and got the boys going, and we scored shortly after.”

The MOB doubled their lead on Alex Cromwell's (McKinney, TX) second career goal, which he jammed in from close range after a centering pass from Kyle Campbell (Fort McMurray, AB).

The Bobcats would respond before the end of the period, however, as Jason Wark converted on a rebound opportunity, and Dustin Lebrun tied the game soon after.

Lloydminster proceeded to take its only lead of the game in the second period when Lebrun scored his second of the game on another rebound past MOB goaltender Ethan Wood (St. Albert, AB), who otherwise stopped 20 of 23 shots.

The Barons regained the tie score when Luc Lalor (St. Albert, AB), collected the puck behind the net and quickly tucked it in on a wraparound with Martin down in the crease.

“We kept battling, we kept taking the puck to the net, and we were getting our chances,” Hendrix recalled. “We almost knew that we were going to get that tying goal and eventually win the game.”

In overtime, it was Hendrix converting on a net-front scramble to help the team finish its two-game road trip with at least some points in the standings.

“Luc Lalor and I had a bit of a two-on-one in front of the net, I fed him, he fed me ,and I just couldn't put it away,” Hendrix recounted. “It ended up going to Taylor Graham, he took her to the net, and I just slid her in past the goalie.”

The Barons are back in action on Friday night at home, hosting the Spruce Grove Saints for the first of two straight games.