The Fort McMurray Oil Barons are seeking a full time Assistant/Video Coach.
This is a 9 month contract position to coincide with the Oil Barons’ 2019-20 regular season and playoffs. The successful applicant must be a team-orientated individual who is outgoing, organized and is able to work closely as part of the team?s coaching staff. Participation at all scheduled practices and team travel for all road games is required.
The success candidate must possess the following skills:
- Knowledge of computer programs (Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Ability to work with video analysis hockey software X?O?s
- Knowledge of hockey tactical principals for games and practice
The successful candidate will be required to preform the following duties:
- Provide video clipping for game film using video analysis hockey software X?O?s
- Execute and manage all game day video recording
- Assist with daily on-ice practices
- Assist with off-ice training and fitness programs
- Provide assistance and support to daily hockey operation activities as directed by the Head Coach/GM
This is a seasonal contract position with a start date of September 1, 2019. Salary to be determined based on experience. Applications will be accepted until a successful candidate is selected. All interested applicants can forward their resume by email to:
All applicants are thanked for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.