The Oil Barons are looking for a super fan to get the crowd rocking in their seats. This person will be required to use a microphone to get crowds chanting, doing the wave, and hosting games and giving away prizes. This person will be part of a huge broadcast team that brings excitement to the AJHL’s Fort McMurray Oil Barons and will be the face of the team. Not only will they be hosting the game, but they will also be stage managing behind the scenes and ensuring the live production goes off without a hitch. Is this you?
We are looking for someone who is:
- Can dance, make exaggerated movements, and interact with fans.
- Entertain and make people smile.
- Fluent in hockey cheers
- Able to speak in front of people.
You would be responsible for the following:
- Stage managing behind the scenes including Flag kids, Dream Home Draws, O’Canada singers, and on bench interviews.
- Turning the house lights on and off on cue and other production assistance like running foggers or placing additional lighting.
- Finding contestants for games and running them in the stands and on ice.
- Communicating with the broadcast team and helping coordinate the live production.
- You are Mobster’s best friend and will always be with them.
- Be able to read promo scripts into a microphone on camera given to you for each game.
- Greet fans, have your photo taken with them and generate an atmosphere in a crowd.
- Must be able to commit to all home games of the regular season and playoffs.
If this sounds like you, then we want to meet you. Send your resume to NevilleVideoProductions@outlook.com Subject Promo Person. No experience is required, and we are looking for someone between the ages of 16 and 99. What do you have to lose, give this a shot and you could be the next Oil Barons promo person.
Application deadline August 25th
Auditions will begin August 27th before the Blue Gold Game; final 3 selections will host a period of the Blue Gold game with the Promo Person being chosen after the game.